Tuesday, 19 May 2009

I found these weird:

1st Situation:

I was in a lift, and then a man came in.

Me: Hi (its our custom here to acknowledge everybody)
Him: Hi
After a while,
Him: You with which department?
Me: B1* Project
Him: owhhh… Project? As Engineer?
Me: No
Him: owhhh…
He stopped there, nothing more interesting things to talk about I guess. Or was it the trip in the lift was too short for him to continue on talking?

2nd Situation (happened to a friend of mine, we are on the same job description):

Engineer: CY, please come down and collect my Change Order request.
CY: Oh OK.

Why should CY go down to get the form? The requestor should come up and send the request form to CY. That’s the way it should be. We are colleagues.

CY: Sharifah, bla bla bla (telling me about what happened). I only realized now that I should have asked her to come up, and tell her, that I am also an engineer by background and experience, but now doing this SCM thing.
Me: Don’t lah CY… You don’t have to justify yourself to this kind of people. You know who you are. But if somebody ever asks you again, let him or her pass the form to you instead of the other way around.

Do I have to justify to people (especially here in SH*LL) that I am also an engineer by background and past experience but now doing SCM things. I don’t think I have to. Who makes Engineer so superior that SCM Executives are to be looked down to? I found this weird… I know that engineers have good pay. We have good pay as well, as per our qualifications and experiences.

Have I jumped into conclusion too quick here? Maybe the 1st person was really looking forward to get out from the lift that he lost words on what to say to me upon knowing that I was not an engineer. Or, was he interested in me, terkelu lidah untuk bicara? Ahahahahaha… erkssss :p

How about the 2nd person? Maybe she’s too tired to come up here? Only one level up? Who knows? She knows!

No comments: