I am so sleepy today. Never slept in a meeting all my life, but today is an exception. Blaming it on the jetlag? Ermmm… I am not sure. Slept at around 1 am (San Diego time) last night. Sepu called me at 1.30 am (it’s 5.30 pm Msia time), but that did not interfere with the sleep as I fall back to sleep immediately after I hung up… could not even remember when I hung up. Set alarm at 5.30am (S.D) and did some work for presentation today. I hope that I could relieve myself from the fatigue and jetlag tomorrow. Sleep well tonight? Hopefully! [Note: I am typing this to avoid getting sleepy, but yet, I am still fighting! Rizal commented that I look like someone who is busy jotting the minutes of meeting].
Yesterday was a disaster, but actually, it has been deemed to be disastrous since the morning of checking in at KLIA. We were scheduled to depart from KLIA at 9.40 am (Msia), but our flight was deferred due to Typhoon Sepat in Taiwan (transit in Taipei). First, it was delayed to 10.40 am, but once we’ve checked out from Pan Pac KLIA, Siva called and mentioned about the flight being further deferred to 3 pm… felt like… what??? Ehehehe… thought of not going, didn’t want to go actually. (Thought that I might change my mind once arriving at LAX, but still, my heart and mind is in KL)…
Even though we boarded the Business Class, still, I had to get used to sleeping on a 170-degree angle bed. I kept slipping down the seat and this prevented me from having a good "night" rest. And what amazed me was that, we have just approach morning (that’s what it feels like), but soon after that, it was late afternoon when we arrived in LA. We checked in at LAX Hilton, eaten vegetarian food (hopefully they apply strict vegetarian way of cooking) at P.F. Chang (goodness, they serve all kind of things there, if in Malaysia, I wont be thinking of even entering the premise).
After P.F. Chang, we waited for 1.5 hrs to get a taxi… without interference from the kind policeman (imagine me and Rizal hitchhiking police vehicle in the U.S.!!!), we would not have been successful in getting cab for the return trip to Hilton LAX. But again, taxi fare in California is EXPENSIVE…
Got back to the hotel feeling bad… dizzy, stomach grumbling… Slept for a while, then Sepu called at around 1.30. Could not go back to sleep as my body ‘told’ me, its still afternoon. Fall asleep again at around 3.45 am, then, mama and babah called at 4.30 am… They laughed when I told them it’s 4 something in the morning here and they have just interfered my sleep. I did not sleep again after that!
At around 8, we went down, to have breakfast. Luckily American Breakfast does not include lots of meat… but I am not sure whether we could sustain with eating scrambled egg omelette and hash brown potatoes everyday.
Now: I feel like eating ayam goreng kunyit. Wuaaaaa…
I will need more time to tell you of what happened next… about the trip to Malibu… let us talk about that in my next entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment